DENMARK - COUNTRY OF THE HAPPIEST PEOPLE
People say that Denmark is the happiest country, and the happiest children grow into the happiest people. Maybe that is the reason why parents in Denmark do not nag to the child that goes out to play during cold weather without a cap and a scarf. If the child is cold, next time it will remember to get warmer cloth. Each parent is taking care about his or her child, but in Denmark, they are trying to get them self-assured and resistant to life challenges. Kindergartens are without toys, usually in the open space, while in our country they are painted in bright colors, tucked in and having a lots of toys. Danish children are eating healthy, with very few sweets. They are dressing modestly, new wardrobe is bought only after the old one is worn out, so they do not worry if it gets stained or torn.
At 7th BUDI we will present Danish culture pursuing the recipes for the happiest childhood. Our guest-host will introduce us with the country of the happiest people and inspire us to go with the "Play well" motto for the forthcoming BUDI. Let's meet different countries and cultures, build friendship and enjoy playing!
7th BUDI COPMETITION – PLAY WELL!
7th International Biennale of Children's Artistic Expression - BUDI
May 11th – June 11th, 2018, Pancevo, Serbia
Announces competition for children - artists:
Cultural Center Pančevo and the BUDI Association, as organizers of the 7th International Biennial of Children's Artistic Expression (7th BUDI), which will be held from May 11th to June 11th, 2018 under the slogan "Play well", invite all educational and cultural institutions, and children aged up to 15 years, to send their work no later than March 30th, 2018 to the Competition titled: 7th BUDI – PLAY WELL!
BUDI is an abbreviation for the Biennial of Artistic Children's Expression. It is at the same time a children's celebration and a celebration for the children that was built up with lots of love by citizens of Pancevo for the youngest, childhood, fantasy, art, etc. The main goals of BUDI are: bringing art and culture closer to children, overcoming the barriers of old-fashioned cultural institutions, encouraging creativity at the youngest, promoting and developing the ability of children in different areas of creativity, connecting and familiarizing children with other cultures, as well as supporting the inclusion of marginalized children's groups.
Within each edition of the BUDI festival, we present one country as the guest host of the festival. It is said that Denmark is the happiest people country, and we know that happy people are raised from happy children. The childhood of many generations was marked by the famous Danish children writer Hans Christian Andersen, the creator of the most beautiful fairy tales of the world. Inspiration for characters in his stories Andersen usually found in the people he knew, but many of them are the fruit of his imagination, he also revived toys, houses, mirrors, dishes, etc.
Contemporary Danish creativity for children is also filled with imagination, playful and inspired by the child's smile. Tivoli, one of the oldest entertainment parks in the world, opened in 1843, is dedicated to the children, as well as the recently built cultural center for children Ama'r Children's Culture House. Copenhagen is adorned with the statue of Little Mermaid, the most famous Andersen heroine. The Danish Ministry of Culture awards a prize for the best book for children each year, and fosters art for children, from children and with children, which is also the main feature of our festival. Denmark is also known for Lego cubes that have shaped the childhood of many children around the world. We were inspired to make the playing the center of attention of the next BUDI, and to present the culture of Denmark. Our hosts will introduce us to the country of the happiest people, and will inspire us for the next BUDI theme "Play well". Meet other countries and cultures, build friendships, and enjoy playing!
Competition for children authors up to 15 years old is opened until March 30th, 2018 in several categories:
- Visual Arts: BUDI everywhere – write, draw or shoot your recipe for happy childhood – present your happiest moment, favorite game (Artistic competition. Selected works will be presented at the exhibition of awarded works in the Gallery of contemporary arts in Pancevo, within the BUDI festival)
- Visual Arts: BUDI info – children rights out loud – What do you wish for adults to hear well? (Competition for the most creative blogs, vlogs, Youtube channels and video contents, video spots, etc. Selected works will be presented via BUDI Facebook page)
- Theatre: BUDI Anderseniada – make your theatre play or performance by the motives of Andersen’s fairytales and send the video uploaded on Youtube (Competition is opened for individuals, informal groups, primary school dramatic sections and dramatic studios. Selected plays and performances will be included in the main program of 7th BUDI.)
- Literature: BUDI writer – you have good idea, write your song, fairytale, comics or story (Art competition for children writers up to 15 years. Selected works will be presented at the 7th BUDI festival)
- Music: BUDI original – present your art work, your music band, choir, dancing group or something that you produce by yourself (Competition is open for all talented children. Selected authors will be included in 7th BUDI main program)
- Ecology: BUDI creative – make the model of the book shelf in the shape of some interesting animal from recycled materials (Art-ecology competition for children up to 15 years that take care about environment. Selected works will be presented at 7th BUDI festival)
- Ecology: BUDI eco action – make a proposal for re-arrangement of your school yard or ecological action that you would like to implement (Competition for the most interesting idea proposal. Selected action will be presented at the 7th BUDI)
- Science: BUDI scientist – think up science-fictional experiment or invention, drawing/video/model (Art-science competition for children innovators up to 15 years. Selected works will be presented at the 7th BUDI)
- Humanitarian action: BUDI friend – humanitarian action that you designed and or implemented with your class, or you would like to initiate, and you need mentors (Competition for socially responsible campaign that will be implemented by children with the help of adults. Selected action will be presented at the 7th BUDI
All competition categories will be open until March 30th, 2018. Author and/or group works may be submitted by mail or in person to:
Cultural Centre of Pančevo
Vojvode Živojina Mišića 4
26 000 Pančevo, Serbia
Along with work, it is required to provide: author's name and surname, date of birth, school or organisation, postal or e-mail address and contact telephone number.
Author or the applicant for the 7th BUDI competition is allowed to participate with more than one work within different categories. Works must be properly packed and protected if they are fragile. They must not be folded or framed. Damaged or sloppy works will not be taken into account when awarding nor showed to the public. The works will not be returned! By participating in the competition authors agree that their work can be used for the festival promotion.
The quality of works will be assessed by the jury, and the best works will be included in the official selection of the 7th International Biennale of Children's Artistic Expression and presented on the website: www.kulturnicentar.rs and within the official program of 7th BUDI. Awarding of the prizes and acknowledgements will be organized at the special ceremony during the BUDI festival.
For further information please contact us:
Snežana Ćuruvija, Branislav Radovanović
7th BUDI Art directors
Cultural Centre of Pančevo
Vojvode Živojina Mišića 4
Pančevo 26 000
Tel: +381 (0)62 800 8786
+381 (0)13 440 940;
Fax: +381 (0)13 440 945,